Friday, January 9, 2009

Easy Appetizers

I had my first book club meeting last night and it was so much fun! Every first Thursday of the month a group of ladies meet at my house to discuss the book that we picked for the month. The requirements are to either bring an appetizer or bottle of wine to share with everyone! I made a couple appetizers just in case everyone only brought wine (which is fine by me too). I made queso and my cocktail franks which are two really easy and fast dishes to make.

Queso:
1 box Velveeta
1 can Rotel (we use the hot version at our house)

Directions: In a double broiler melt Velveeta. Once Velveeta is mostly melted add Rotel. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.

Cocktail Franks:
1 package of cocktail franks
1 package bacon
brown sugar

Directions: Cut bacon strips into thirds. Wrap one third of bacon around each cocktail frank and place onto baking sheet (covered with wax paper). Sprinkle lots of brown sugar over bacon. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30-45 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked and crispy.


I forgot to take pictures last night (but I'll get some next time)!

1 comment:

Rachel Hill said...

How did the book club go? I really should start one here!! Did you kick Jon out of the house for the night? What are you reading next?