Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pasta with Creamy Chicken and Broccoli

I made this for dinner tonight and I always know if the recipe is a winner if Greg tells me that I can make it again...and he did with this one. I think the key is the cream cheese! I think I'll add garlic next time when I'm cooking the chicken!

Ingredients
12 oz. SAN GIORGIO Spaghetti, uncooked
4 cups Fresh or frozen broccoli florets
1 tablespoon Butter
3/4 lb. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1/3 cup Chopped onion
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 cup Water
1 pkg. (3 oz.) cream cheese, cubed and softened
3/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese

Preparation
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Start to Finish: 20 minutes
Instructions:
1.Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli to pasta cooking water during last 2 minutes; drain. Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add chicken and onion.
2. Cook 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
3. In medium bowl, whisk together soup, milk, water and cream cheese until smooth; add to chicken mixture. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.
4. Simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese.
5. Toss hot pasta and broccoli with sauce.
Makes 9 servings (1 cup each). Recipe from Meals Matter

No comments: